Over a century back, on March 8, 1896, at a colossal open rally in New York, social reformers Maud and Ballington Booth reported the development of another development Volunteers of America. At the point when columnists asked what precisely the association would do, Ballington Booth answered: We will go wherever we are required, and do whatever comes to hand. This ability to serve, and an imaginative and adaptable way to deal with addressing human needs, have been signs of Volunteers of America from that point onward.
Thus of-the-century America, there was no deficiency of work to do. Volunteers of America moved into apartment areas to tend to poor people. They composed day nurseries and summer camps; gave lodging to single working men and ladies; and built up the countries first arrangement of shelter for discharged detainees. Today, the work of Volunteers of America can be ordered under three essential headings: Human administrations, lodging and medicinal services.
In our second century of administration, Volunteers of America is one of the countries biggest and best human administration associations, serving more than a million people every year in more than 300 groups all through the United States. There are more than 40 offshoot workplaces of Volunteers of America the country over today. The contracted domain for this member office Southwest California includes San Diego, Imperial, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino districts. Projects are privately worked and managed by devoted experts and an overseeing governing body. This structure gives each associate responsibility and responsiveness to serve the particular needs of its groups.
To take in more about Volunteers of America or other subsidiary workplaces, please visit our national site at www.voa.org
Volunteers of America of Southwest California
Statement of purpose
To understand our service of administration to people and families by giving those we serve the devices to enhance their personal satisfaction.
- To be an awesome association that is appreciated for our imaginative and incredible administrations, and also our urban initiative.
- Corporate ValuesLook for chances to discover inventive long haul answers for social issues that influence our customers and the groups in which they live.
- Regard and comprehend the way of life of our customers, workers and the groups in which we work and expand upon this comprehension to enhance and reinforce all parts of our business.
- Put resources into the nonstop change of our workers, our administrations and our association.
- Impart at all circumstances with openness, straightforwardness and trustworthiness in managing people and the group.
- Empower cooperation and expect greatness of ourselves as well as other people.
- Manufacture reasonable associations with people and associations to help us understand our service of administration to people and families.