Proyecto Niño is a day care and family center for Latino families.
Godfrey Ddungu GSV 01′ and the children of
Teacher’s Aide in the day care program
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist a classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of the class.
- Plan and implement curriculum (or the development of children ages six weeks to six years.
- Provide a secure and nurturing environment where self-concepts are enhanced and individuality is respected.
- Assist in supervising and developing the support staff within the classroom.
- Eat with the children daily to help them develop social skills and appropriate
- Secondary education or equivalent
- Ability to work with culturally and ethnically diverse populations
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to ask for support and guidance
- Ability to work with small children as well as teens and adults
- Desire and ability to teach
- Must posses strong skills in observing, listening, supporting and interpreting
- Must be non-judgmental and respectful
- Must l»e sensitive to working within the context of a given family’s decision
making system, value systems and beliefs